Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Social Work
navigation icon opens menu

For Our Alumni

Information on Licensure

Once you have completed your degree program in social work, you need to prepare for the licensing exam. To practice as a social worker in the U.S., you must be licensed! The social work licensing examinations given throughout the U.S. are overseen by The Association of Social Work Boards. The Association of Social Work Boards' website also contains many answers to common questions regarding the licensing exam and licensure in general.


For SU MSW students - click here for information on          MSW Licensing Exam Prep Classes!


Study guides for each level of licensure are available in the main campus Social Work Department Suite for students to check-out. Students attending one of our satellite locations are encouraged to contact their Site Coordinator for location and process of signing out study guides.  There are also a number of study guides available for purchase online - including one developed by those who make-up the exams!


There are different levels of licensure and each state has different requirements that need to be met. Follow the links below for more information on licensure in your local area. If you are planning to move out of the region after graduation, the Association of Social Work Boards website has information about each of the state requirements.




Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000