Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University
A Maryland University of National Distinction

Financial Aid Office

Citizen or Eligible Non-citizen

Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate

You are considered a citizen or eligible non-citizen if you fit into one of the following categories:

  • You are a U.S. Citizen.
  • You are a U.S. National (includes natives of America, Samoa, or Swain's Island).
  • You are a U.S. Permanent resident with an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151,I-551, or I-551C).
  • You are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, but have an I-94 or I-94A with one of the following designations:
    • Refugee
    • Asylum Granted
    • Indefinite Parole
    • Humanitarian Parole
    • Cuban-Haitian entrant, status pending

You are NOT eligible for federal financial aid if you are in one of these categories:

  • Employment authorization card (I-6889, I-688B or I-766)
  • A notice of approval for permanent residence (I-171 or I-464)
  • If you are in the U.S. on an A1 non-immigrant visa, granted DACA, F1, F2 or M-1 exchange visa, NATO visas, A2 or A3 visas, J1 or J2 exchange visa, a G series visa, or student visa B-1 or 2, or H or L series visa
  • I-94 stamped “Temporary Protected Status”
  • Temporary Resident Card (I-688) 
  • Driver's License
  • Social Security Card
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000