Blockades to Success
Do these statements pertain to you? Put a check next to each one that does.
- I do my best work under pressure.
- I often feel hurried by school and/or personal pressures.
- I have trouble saying "no" to people who ask me to do things for them.
- I often get behind in my readings and papers.
- I don't have enough time to spend on personal interests, such as hobbies and sports.
- I feel that I have to get straight As.
- I worry that if I fail a test, someone will be disappointed in me.
- When I take a test, I start blanking out and worry that I won't finish.
- I panic during a test, worrying that if I don't do well I'll never get into grad school, find a good job, graduate on time, etc.
- During a test, I worry that I will fail and that everybody is doing better than I am.
- I find that I get distracted by minor disturbances when I'm studying.
- I can finish the small tasks, but I rarely have time to finish the larger ones.
- I read material over and over, but I can't seem to learn it.
- When I have something on my mind, I can't concentrate on studying.
- I would rather go out than study, and I often give in to these urges.
- When I finish a big project, I think "next time I'll start sooner."
- I usually study by cramming the night before the test.
- I wish I would get my work done earlier than I do.
- When I get an assignment, I usually don't start right away.
- If I leave studying for an exam until the last minute, I panic and have a hard time getting anything done.
|If most of your checks are in
||You may have a problem with