If You Have to Cram
If you only have one or two days before the exam and you haven't done much of the reading:
BE INTELLIGENT ABOUT YOUR CRAMMING.
1. How to cram for essay tests:
- Recite from and review your lecture notes.
- Survey the readings.
- Read the chapter summaries carefully.
- Get a general idea of the main points of the reading.
- Don't leave out whole chapters or major sections of the reading.
- Take notes on the highlights of all your notes.
- Take summary notes of the highlights of all your notes. Recite from these summary notes.
2. How to cram for objective tests:
- Recite from and review your lecture notes. Take summary notes and recite from them.
- Learn new terms.
- Read as much as you can.
3. Get some sleep.