Skip to Main Content

Office of Institutional Equity

Filing a Complaint

  • Now: Wed Oct 26 14:58:43 EDT 2016
  • Today: $today
  • Oct 26, 2016 2:58:43 PM
  • 10-26-2016 02:58 PM
  • October 26, 2016 2:58:43 PM EDT test
Filing a Complaint

scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1

Office of Institutional Equity Reporting

Law Enforcement Reporting

Confidential Support Resources

How do I file a report with OIE?

scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1

To report conduct that is believed to be in violation of Salisbury University’s Fair Practices policies, please complete a Fair Practices Complaint Intake Form and contact the Office of Institutional Equity to schedule and intake meeting.

Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate

If you have experienced or have knowledge of sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, sexual assault or sexual violence, or other form of discrimination, there are resources and reporting options available to you. If you have decided to take action, we encourage you to contact the Office of Institutional Equity and/or law enforcement. If you would like to talk to someone, but you have not decided to take action, we urge you to consider the confidential support resources available to you.

Office of Institutional Equity Reporting

Any member of the University community who feels he/she may be a victim of discrimination and/or harassment should seek assistance and report the inappropriate behavior to the Fair Practices Officer/Title IX Coordinator at Salisbury University:

Mr. Humberto Aristizabal 
Fair Practices Officer/Title IX Coordinator
Associate Vice President of Institutional Equity 
Holloway Hall Room 100

Information shared with the Office of Institutional Equity is kept as confidential as possible, but absolute confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Information may be judiciously shared with relevant administrators if the University needs to take action to ensure your safety, or the safety of our community. Rest assured that requests for confidentiality will be given full consideration.

The University encourages all members of its community to report incidents of sex or other form(s) of discrimination without fear of retaliation. Therefore, retaliation is strictly prohibited under University policy and may result in disciplinary action.

If you are not sure if you want to pursue action, you may still want to speak to someone about what happened. Information received by responsible employees – including any University official, administrator, director, manager, supervisor, area director, resident director, resident assistant, teaching assistant, or any faculty member  – cannot be maintained confidential, as these individuals have a duty to report complaints to the Fair Practices Officer/Title IX Coordinator. If you want to have a strictly confidential conversation, you may want to speak with a confidential support resource first.

Top -

Law Enforcement Reporting

In limited situations, the University is required to report alleged incidents of sex or other form(s) of discrimination to law enforcement. Individuals who wish to file a criminal complaint may contact the appropriate agency to file a criminal complaint:

Salisbury University Police Department (SUPD): Providing professional, competent, and compassionate law enforcement and security. 410-543-6222

Salisbury City Police Department: 410-548-3165

Fruitland City Police Department: 410-548-2803 (emergencies) | 410-548-2804

Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office: 410-548-4891

Maryland State Police: 410-749-3101

Top -

Confidential Support Resources

Salisbury University is committed to ensuring that students will seek the help they need. If you are not sure if you want to pursue action, you may still want to speak to someone about what happened.  The staff in the Counseling Center and/or Student Health Services, by nature of their profession, are able to speak with you confidentially about your experience. These departments can provide you information, services and/or referrals, and are not required to disclose personally identifiable information regarding an incident of alleged sexual violence to the Title IX coordinator or law enforcement. In order for the University to prepare its annual crime report, the only information they are required to share is a record that someone has reported an incident, but no name will be disclosed.

Salisbury University Counseling Center: Offers counseling to assist students in dealing with a variety of psychological concerns including depression, academic difficulties, relationship concerns, anxiety, eating disorders, identity confusion, loss, and family concerns, as well as crisis intervention. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. (410) 543-6070.

Salisbury University Student Health Services: Salisbury University Student Health Services (SHS) provides confidential treatment of illnesses and injuries to all SU students through a well-equipped facility and a certified, experienced staff.  Their services include screening and treatment for STDs, emergency contraception, urine pregnancy testing, etc. 410-543-6262.

Students in need of immediate assistance outside University business hours, or who would like to discuss the incident with someone not affiliated with the University, may seek the assistance of the community organization Life Crisis Center:

Life Crisis Center (LCC): Provides comprehensive support services to victims and child victims of domestic violence, rape, and sexual assault. Call 410-749-HELP or 2-1-1. 24hrs/day.

Top -

Online Suggestion Box Web Site FeedbackWeb Site Help Terms of UsePublic Information Act (PIA) Requests

Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000
Copyright © 2016