Why you would want to choose SU’s MLS Program....
As you conduct your search for a
college offering majors in medical sciences, you should seriously
Medical Laboratory Science Program at Salisbury University. There
are many positive attributes of this program which compare very
favorably with other programs in the nation. As you search, compare the
following important components of a high quality curriculum before
making your decision.
When you choose a 4 year school,
be sure to choose a program that holds program accreditation from
the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Ask about the number of students
taught in a laboratory by one faculty member. At Salisbury
University, the maximum class size is eighteen
which automatically insures an excellent low ratio of students to
faculty. In addition, the program has computer facilities for
student use on site in a ratio of 1:1
computers to students.
Ask if the "internship" or "
clinical rotation" is included in the program, or if you must find
it on your own. Salisbury University guarantees placement in several
regional medical laboratories for the internship experience.
Ask for employment rates and national
certification examination pass rates on a program’s graduates.
Salisbury University’s MLS program has an excellent history
of examination pass rates that well exceed the national average and
virtually 100% employment of our graduates.
Current List of Clinical Affiliates
The MLS Program at Salisbury University is fortunate to be
affiliated with many fine hospitals and labs. The affiliate list
below is current as of this writing. Both
Salisbury University and the clinical affiliates reserve the
right to discontinue affiliations at any time. Therefore, while
students are guaranteed clinical placements to finish their
degree, they are not guaranteed placement in any particular
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, MD
- University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton in Easton, MD
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford, DE
- Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin, MD
- University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Dorchester in Cambridge, MD
- Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD
- Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD
- University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air, MD
- University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace, MD
- Kaiser Permanente in Rockville, MD
- Frederick Memorial Hospital in Frederick, MD