Center for International Education


Holloway Hall
Salisbury University - Center for International Education

F-1 Visa Status

Other Information

Travel and reentry: Travel for Canadian citizens

Canadian citizens do not need a passport or entry visa to enter the U.S. from Canada. Those entering the U.S. to study should request F-1 status at the border and must always show the Form I-20 and supporting financial documentation to the immigrations inspector. Otherwise, the student will be in Tourist (B-2) status and will not be able to pursue full time study. Canadian students must have an I-94 card to confirm current F-1 status. Canadian citizens not entering the U.S. directly from Canada need a valid passport but no entry visa.