Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Military Connected Students
navigation icon opens menu

Military Activation

Transitioning from Campus to Military Service

Step-by-Step Instructions

Students who are called to active duty after the beginning of the semester may either withdraw from all courses or take incompletes in all courses. Students must consult with their instructors to determine which option is available in each course. 

Students who withdraw from all courses will receive a full refund of all tuition and fees for the semester. Students will receive a pro-rated credit of dining service and housing charges. A full refund will be issued for books returned to the bookstore with an SU bookstore receipt and a full refund will be issued for fees incurred for a parking permit. All parking violations, library fines, and other fines remain the students’ responsibilities. For students receiving Title IV funds, financial aid recovery will be subject to requirements for return of Title IV funds to the federal government.

Students who take incompletes in all classes must determine the conditions for completing the course work and the deadline for completing the work in consultation with course instructors. The university deadline for completing incomplete coursework is midsemester of the next full semester for which the student is enrolled or at the end of one calendar year, whichever is earlier. Upon separation from active duty, it is the students’ responsibility to complete the work and seek a final grade from the instructor. Incomplete grades will be changed to final grades when the instructors have submitted the final grades to the Registrar’s Office.

Step 1 – Registrar’s Office
Submit a copy of your orders to the Registrar’s Office and notify them of your intent to leave the University for Military Service. Complete the SU Benefits Certification Request Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.

Step 2 – GullNet
Complete the withdrawal form found on Gullnet.  This will prompt the registrar's office to withdraw you from all of your classes.

Step 3- On-Campus Housing
Submit a copy of your orders to the Residence Life Office and notify them of your plans to leave the university.

Step 4 – Parking Services
Go to Parking Services with a copy of your orders in order to receive a refund for those services.

Step 5 – SU Bookstore
Return any books purchased at the bookstore for a full refund. Take a copy of your orders and your receipts.

Step 6 – Financial Aid
Submit a copy of your orders to the financial aid office if you have received any financial aid assistance. This is a mandatory check-out step. 

- Top -

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000